Monday 8 April 2013

A Book Review - Axiom of Oomph by Parna Banerjee Sarkar



Author: Parna Banerjee Sarkar
Format: Paperback
Language: English
Pages: 120
Price: Rs.200 
Publisher: All About Books Global
ISBN Number: 9788192569024





About the Book:

'Axiom of Oomph' composed by Parna Banerjee Sarkar is a very beautiful book of poems. It is like an epitaph, which can be kept closer to one's heart. Parna Sarkar is an excellent writer and a poet from within. She understands what life means to her and how to be happy and content with her life. She also is a teacher of thoughts and feelings. Through this book she has tried to tell us what and how she feels and thinks about what life really is and how to live your sole life.


"I have come to see your life
Your life is only what you make of it
Not what it makes of you
You must be in control
To truly live your life"

The above verses are from the poem 'Accept Who You Are'. Here, Parna banerjee has emphasized about how to see and embrace life. You have only one life to live and it is up to you how to be happy by accepting what life has given to you.

"Bestow me with your love
Make me your roomie for one night….
Give me a challenge to have a "one night stand"….
I opened my blank letter to u…."

The above verses are from the poem 'A Celestial Body'. Here, the author has emphasized about how we humans suppress our yearning for eternal love and desires within our hearts. The poem verses have really touched my heart. I find this poem very matured and thought-provoking.

"Dead people were
Walking….
ASTONISHED
Have I stepped into…?
HELL???
A call from behind
Heard the call….
…. Oooppps I am ALIVE…………"

The above verses are from the poem 'A Narrow Lane'. I was quite amused by this poem. I find it a dream-like approach. It is true that sometimes our dreams seem very much real to us only to realize they are just weird and indigestible. Sometimes, we call them nightmare and yet they are just a part of our oblivion.

"You were cold freezing at your coffin
The scattered things….
Reminds every entity of yours
A shocking moment for me
You haven't left me all alone
Relieved"

The above lines are taken from the poem 'Apathy', composed by the author herself. Here, the theme is about remorse and sad. We are in distress and lost when someone dearer to us dies unexpectedly or unnaturally. Only memories of our beloved ones stay with us. Every verse of this poem has touched me deeply.

This book is like a maxim to me, as some of the poems have hidden secrets and special ingredients about how to live this one and only life that God has to give to us. Parna Banerjee Sarkar is a guide and a spiritual pathfinder to me. Some of her poems are very gripping as well as inspiring. Above all, this book is very easy to understand, feel, and digest. I am really inspired by the author's high and lucid thoughts and perceptions of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment